Friday, July 22, 2011

Compatibility

Things I have noticed:
  • I am less motivated to do chores. Which makes me look forward to only having to do chores for two. (Including my dog.)
  • I am more active on facebook. Which makes me dread looking desperate.
  • I am hyper aware of all of the reasons I should not be married to M:
  1. He is a libertarian although basically a conservative because of the viable political options. I am largely liberal. He refers to those on my side as "liberal hippy fucks" and similar petnames.
  2. He eats meat with a desire to eat more meat. I eat some poultry and fish with a desire to eat more vegetarian.
  3. He cares strongly about competition and WINNING, relating it to manhood, survival etc... I could care less about winning and am more a "moral of the story" kind of gal.
I could go on but I know these incompatibilities didn't really make or break us. I dealt with them for 5 years and only experienced occasional annoyance. It was something else. It was a feeling that did us in not a rational explanation.

My theory is that the more work I did on myself, the more complete I became and the less I "needed" someone. I think I initially chose him because I had a lot of emotional needs. We all have needs and needs are fine. However, I was trying to patch up the holes left from past hurts with his love. It worked for a little while. Maybe that's where the compatibility came in.

No comments:

Post a Comment