Friday, July 22, 2011

Grow Stronger, Grow Leaves

A supportive message from one of my oldest friends:


Belated birthdays ago I made you a book and on one of the pages it said "Grow Stronger, Grow Leaves"  which always kind of bothered me because leaves don't seem all that strong.  In fact, now that I am more learned, I am even more bothered by this poor advice.  Let us not be plant-like - as plants are forced to grow where their seed is planted.  Instead, let's celebrate our mobility and not be afraid to seek a better environment for our growth.  If we are to attempt anything plant-like I have decided that it should be phototropism which is the plants growth toward light...we should always stare straight into the freakin sun and when it is dark out, rest our leaves for the day.



I put the deposit down for my new apartment today. Milestone? Everything feels like a milestone.

"I bought groceries for one person today." Milestone.

"I haven't cried all week." Milestone.

"I don't feel like a stranger in my life." Milestone.


No comments:

Post a Comment